BLS CPR & AED Classes with Infant CPR in Pittsburgh
American Heart Association AHA BLS CPR and AED Classes with Infant CPR
The CPR course equips you with the medical knowledge to rescue an infant in crisis. Our CPR classes with infant CPR in Pittsburgh, PA, are American Heart Association (AHA) certified for Basic Life Support (BLS) CPR.
Pittsburgh Infant CPR
Whether you’re a mom or dad who wants to safely care for your newborn or are a professional caregiver, we provide the resources you need to care for your young one and get the best infant-caregiving CPR!
The CPR course with infant CPR equips you with the medical knowledge to rescue an infant in crisis. Our Infant CPR in Pittsburgh, PA, are American Heart Association (AHA) certified for Basic Life Support (BLS) CPR.
Our CPR Training Includes
- Same Day CPR + First Aid Cards
- Hands on Chest Compression Training
- Rescue Breath Training
- AED Usage for Infant, Child, and Adults
- Friendly and Relaxed Environment
- Professional Instructors
CPR Certification Pittsburgh Locations
Pittsburgh’s Best Infant CPR Classes
Know CPR. Make a difference. Save a life.
For a parent or caregiver, any emergency with an infant can be terrifying. Getting CPR certified helps you understand a small child’s physical makeup and how to carefully help them through a life-threatening situation until professional help arrives.
Infants typically require CPR because of a breathing issue or cardiac arrest caused by breathing issues. While we hope you never need to use your training, here are some stats on why you should be trained in infant CPR:
- The most common cause of cardiac arrest in young children is respiratory failure or obstruction in the airway.
- In 2018, over 21,000 infants died, with Sudden Infant Death (SIDS) and suffocation being the 4th and 5th leading causes, respectively.
- 7,000+ children suffer from cardiac arrest each year.
- Other everyday situations that require infant CPR include head trauma, electrical shock, poisoning, near drowning, severe asthma, or smoke inhalation.
In your training, you will learn how to —
- Prevent, spot, and respond to infant breathing and cardiac emergencies.
- Handle an infant properly during a crisis.
- Respond to a baby choking.
Having this training gives you the ability to act at the right moment with life-saving knowledge. Our instructors help you confidently utilize BLS, CPR, and AED machine skills in any circumstance.
What is CPR?
Only perform CPR on infants who are unconscious, unresponsive, or are not breathing independently. Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation is an essential process that uses rescue breathing and surface chest compressions to —
- Provide oxygen-rich blood flow to vital organs, including the brain.
- Restore breathing until first responders arrive.
- Revive breathing and heartbeat after cardiac arrest, heart attack, stroke, or drowning.
What to Expect in Infant CPR
In this training, you will gain the ability to perform CPR during an emergency, whether attending to an infant, child, or adult.
You will learn how to —
- Identify the seven CPR steps
- Find the pulse
- Perform finger and palm chest compressions
- Ultimately restore regular breathing
Gaining your American Heart Association certificate, you will meet OSHA requirements and leave confident to help any person who needs CPR.
Why Train With Us?
- Be Confident. You can be fully capable to use your CPR skills in any life-threatening emergency.
- Trust Experience. We have successfully trained over 30,000 students nationwide.
- Enjoy Simplicity. Enjoy more individual training due to our smaller group size and hands-on style.
- Experience Convenience. Walk away with your AHA-certified BLS CPR card on the same day.
- Get Certified. Receive the most widely recognized, accredited, and employer-accepted BLS Certification in PA.
All employers and organizations accept CPR Certification Pittsburgh, including —
- Daycare and Other Caretakers
- Nursery caregivers and workers
- Nurses, RNs, and CNAs
- Personal Training Facilities and Gyms
- Schools (Private and Public)
- Hospitality Industry
- Construction Sites
- EMT/Paramedic Companies
- Home Health Aides
- Nursing schools and All Other College Programs
- Nonprofits like the Boy and Girl Scouts of America
- Firefighting and Other Municipalities
When can I take my CPR certification course?
Take a class whenever you’re available — choose from our weekly class options or schedule a group training.
How long do the CPR classes last?
Class times are approximately 3 hrs.